Director of Legal, Penthouse Global Licensing
ABOUT KIRKENDOLL MANAGEMENT
Penthouse Global Licensing (PGL) is the exclusive Licensor for all PENTHOUSE-branded goods and services around the world. PGL works closely with our affiliated media group in Los Angeles, Penthouse World Media, to determine brand strategy and positioning for the consumer-facing side of PENTHOUSE. PGL is a wholly owned affiliate of Kirkendoll Management.
Kirkendoll Management (KM) is a private boutique hospitality management and investment company headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana. KM is one of the top entertainment management companies in the world and is distinguished by its ability to create the ultimate guest experience.
Kirkendoll Management’s Restaurant Division owns and operates five Lucy’s Retired Surfers Bar & Restaurants in the United States and one in Aruba. KM’s Nightclub Division owns and operates four Penthouse Clubs and two standalone nightclubs in the United States. KM is the Master Licensor for PENTHOUSE and The Penthouse Club-branded goods and services around the world and actively manages an international portfolio of licensees and licensing agents.
Penthouse Global Licensing is looking for a Director of Legal to oversee the management of the PENTHOUSE IP portfolio, draft legal agreements, and maintain licensee compliance. His or her primary responsibilities include:
- Trademark enforcement
- New trademark registration
- IP portfolio maintenance
- IP-specific communication with licensees, licensing agents and outside counsel
- Drafting licensing agreements and other contracts
- Maintain licensee compliance regarding trademark usage, attribution, royalty payments, renewals/expirations
The ideal candidate is driven, detail-oriented, and passionate about IP law and contracts. He or she is independent and a self-starter, thinks outside the box, and can deliver high-quality results in a timely manner.
The Director of Legal will report directly to the President and work collaboratively with the EVP, Director of Licensing, and Director of Marketing to support PENTHOUSE’s rapidly growing licensing program. He or she will be a key player and help lay the foundation for Penthouse to achieve success and rapid growth via brand licensing.
Who you are:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of relevant experience in IP law; JD preferred.
- Familiarity with international brand licensing
- Advanced understanding of product/entertainment licensing
- principles, practices, and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Superior proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail oriented.
- Possesses strong project management skills; one who thinks ahead and anticipates issues before they arise – you’re never satisfied with the status quo, always thinking “how can we do this better?”
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced and energetic environment
- Excited by the opportunity to be a strategic partner and grow with the Company
- Strong preference for someone located in the greater New Orleans area who is able to travel domestically and/or internationally at least once per quarter; 100% remote candidates will be considered on a case-by-case basis.